*
TRIGORIN - (...) Here I am talking to you and getting quite excited, yet can't forget for a second that I've an unfinished novel waiting for me. Or I see a cloud over there like a grand piano. So I think it must go in a story. 'A cloud like a grand piano sailed past.' Or I smell heliotrope, and make a quick mental note. 'Sickly scent. Flour. Sombre hue. Mention in description of summer evening.' I try to catch every sentence, every word you and I say and quickly lock all these sentences and words away in my literary storehouse because they might come in handy. When I finish work, I rush off to the theatre or go fishing. That would be the time to relax and forget, but not a bit of it. I already have another great weight on my mind: a new plot. I feel I must go to my desk - hurry up and start writing, writing, writing all over again. This sort of thing goes on all the time, I can never relax, and I feel I'm waisting my life.
*
Anton Chekhov,
The Seagull
translated by Ronald Hingley,
Oxford World's Classics.
1 comentário:
O teatro agora saiu às ruas, não mais cadeiras apertadas, só milhares de actores nos passeios. Talvez as peças não sejam interessantes mas não há pano nem bilheteira. bfds
Enviar um comentário